Powered by FuseNet, The Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering at the Czech Technical UNiversity in Prague offers a five-day mini workshop on plasma experiments at the GOLEM tokamak. An interactive course on fundamental and advanced toroidal plasma physics, suitable for undergraduate and post-graduate students, the course covers important aspects of experimental work on tokamaks, such as tokamak operation, plasma control, diagnostics and processing of experimental data.
Aim of the workshop
The aim of this week is:
- to have hands-on experience with tokamak operation;
- to learn basic tokamak principles;
- to learn basic instrumentation related to operation and diagnostics;
- to provide working experience with an intergrated tokamak facility, including planning of experiments, plasma control, data acquisition and processing commonly unsed in today’s fusion plasma experiments, finalisation, and presentation of experimental results.
A maximum of 15 students can participate in the workshop. Participants will be supported with:
- five nights’ and six days’ acommodation;
- five lunches and three dinners during the workshop;
- a support of 100czk (~€4) per meal;
- a welcome and social dinner.
How to apply?
To apply for this workshop, send a motivation letter, curriculum vitae and a simple recommendation letter from your tutor to
as soon as possible but at least before Wednesday, February 13th 2019 23:59 CET.