di seguito una proposta ricevuta dalla Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia di Aachen (Germania) per un programma di ricerca (SEMERA) destinata a studenti tedeschi ed europei.
Chi fosse interessato è pregato di seguire le istruzioni inserite nel testo.
Dear medical students,
Greetings from the Faculty of Medicine, RWTH Aachen University in Germany!
This is to inform/remind you of our new semester program, focused in research, held in English: SEMERA. This program will give you the opportunity to learn and develop scientific skills in the context of clinical and basic research, and to apply those skills to your own research projects. We extended the application deadline until November 15! Make new friends, learn the importance of scientific skills in medicine, plan your academic career, work on your own scientific project.
SEMERA – the new „Semester for Medical Research Aachen“
- You will receive 30 ECTS credit points, a transcript of records and a diploma supplement
- In the morning: classes and seminars on scientific skills, such as
- systematic literature research
- introduction to research methodology
- how to develop a program of research
- scientific publishing from the viewpoint of a journal editor
- research data and literature management
- dealing with high impact factor journals (review process)
- rules of good scientific practice
- patents and standards
- In the afternoon: supervised work on the scientific project of your choice, in either a clinic, lab or institute in our University Hospital.
- Social program and study trips (subject to current measures against spread of COVID19)
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the morning lectures are planned to be held online. However, the research project is carried out on site.
When does SEMERA take place?
SEMERA starts Mid-February 2021 and ends Mid-May 2021. SEMERA takes place twice a year.
There are 15 spots available. Application deadline is November 15. Just send us an email via email@example.com and attach:
- B1 level English language certificate (not necessary for native speakers)
- current academic transcript of records
- letter of motivation in English (400 words max., including your research interests)
Please visit our website for more details. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Aachen!
The SEMERA Team
Dr. Stephanie Kaiser (SEMERA Coordinator)
Eliana Lemos (Coordinator for student exchange & International Relations)