Myosotis graduated in Sport and Exercise Sciences, in 2004, from Cagliari University, Italy. In September 2006 she was appointed as Adjunct Professor at the Cagliari University, Italy. Myosotis earned her first PhD degree in Sport and Exercise Sciences, in 2008, from Bologna University, Italy. In January 2009 she started her post doc under the supervision of Professor Carla Maria Calò at the University of Cagliari, Italy. In December 2012 she was appointed as Research Fellow under the supervision of Professor Carla Maria Calò at the Department of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Cagliari, Italy. Her main area of research is genetics performance in health and disease. Myosotis joined the XXXI Cycle PhD program in Life, Environmental and Drug Sciences at the University of Cagliari in 2015 and is currently working with Prof. Carla Maria Calò.
- M.Massidda, N. Eynon, V.Bachis, L. Corrias, C. Culigioni, P.Cugia, M.Scorcu, C.M. Calò. The Association between MCT1 A1470T Polymorphism and Fat-Free Mass in Well-Trained Young Soccer Players. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2015 Aug 28. [Epub ahead of print].
- L Cugusi, M Massidda, D Matta, E Garau, R Di Cesare, M Deidda, G Satta, P Chiappori, P Solla, G Mercuro. A New Type of Physical Activity from an Ancient Tradition. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 2015;19(3):118-23.
- M.Massidda N. Eynon, V Bachis, L Corrias, C Culigioni, F Piras, P Cugia, M Scorcu, CM.Calò. Influence of the MCT1 rs1049434 on indirect muscle disorders/injuries in elite football players. Sports Medicine – Open, 2015;1(1):33. Epub 2015 Oct 11.
- Massidda M, Corrias L, Bachis V, Culigioni C, Piras F, Cugia P, Scorcu M, Calò CM. Influence of the COL5A1 rs12722 on musculoskeletal injuries in professional soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness, Epub Jan 13, 2015.
- Massidda M, Cugusi L, Mathieu A. Physical activity levels and Health-related quality of life in young Italian population. J Sports Med Phys Fitness, May;55(5):506-12, 2015;
- M Massidda, V Bachis,L Corrias, F Piras, M Scorcu, C Culigioni, D Masala, CM.Calò. ACTN3 R577X polymorphism is not associated with team-sports athletic status in Italians. Sports Medicine – Open, 1:6, 2015.
- Massidda M, Corrias L, Bachis V, Cugia P, Piras F, Scorcu M, Calò CM. VDR polymorphisms and musculotendinous injuries in professional football players. 9:1974-1978, 2015.
- Massidda M, Scorcu M, Calò CM. New genetic model for predicting phenotype traits in sports. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 9(3):554-60, 2014;
- Massidda M, Toselli S, Calò CM. Genetics and Artistic Gymnastics: 2014 update. Austin Biomarkers & Diagnosis,2(1): 1015, 2015.
- Massidda M, Corrias L, Bachis V, Culigioni C, Piras F, Cugia P, Scorcu M, Calò CM. Genetic polymorphisms and skeletal muscle injuries among Italian soccer players. Annals of Sports Medicine and Research, 1:1004, 2014;
- Massidda M, Brasili P, Toselli S, Calò CM. Influence of artistic gymnastics training on growth process in young athletes. Antropo, 29, 89-99, 2013
- M.Massidda,C.M. Calo’, G. Vona, S. Toselli, P.Brasili. Somatotype of elite Italian Gymnasts. Coll Antropol 37(3):853-857, 2013;
- Massidda M, Calò CM. Performance scores and standings during the 43rd Artistic Gymnastics World Championships, 2011. J Sports Sci. 30(13):1415-20, 2012;
- Massidda M., Corrias L., Scorcu M., Vona G., Calò M.C. ACTN-3 and ACE genotypes in elite male Italian athletes. Anthropological Review 75 (1), pp. 51-59, 2012;
- M.Massidda, L.Corrias, G.Ibba, M.Scorcu, G.Vona, C.M. Calò. Genetic markers and explosive leg-muscle strength in elite Italian soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 52:1-2, 2012;
- M.Massidda, G.Vona, C.M. Calò. Lack of association between ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and elite artistic gymnastic performance of Italian gymnasts. Eur J Sport Sci 11(3):149-153, 2011;
- M.Massidda, G.Vona, C.M. Calò. Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene does not contribute to genetic predisposition to elite soccer’s performance in Italians. Med Sport 64(1):45-54, 2011;
- Massidda M, Cugusi L, Ibba M, Tradori I, Calò CM. Energy expenditure during competitive Latin American dancing simulation. Med Probl Perform Art 26(4):206-10, 2011;
- L.Cugusi, S.Cannas, I.Tradori, M.Massidda. The contribution of the Specialists in Adapted Physical Activity for return to the performance of athletes with a previous lesion of the anterior cruciate ligament. Journal of Sports Traumatology 64(1):45-54, 2011
- M.Massidda, G.Vona, C.M. Calò. Association between the ACTN3 R577X polymorphism and artistic gymnastic performance in Italy. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13(3):377-80, 2009;