|Phone:070 675 4513|
Sonia Floris graduated in Biology in March 2015, with the thesis entitled “identification of an enzymatic activity on polyacrylamide gel” and in July 2017 she attained a master’s degree cum laude in Cellular and Molecular Biology, with the thesis entitled “Antioxidant and anti-melanogenesis activities of newly synthesized 3-heteroarylcoumarins”, both under the supervision of Prof. Rosaria Medda and Dr. Francesca Pintus at the Department of Life and Environmental Sciences of the University of Cagliari.During her master, she spent a period at the University of Salamanca (Spain) working on analysis, characterization and evaluation of the biological activity of phenolic compounds at the Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Bromatology under the supervision of Prof. Celestino Santos Buelga. Sonia joined the XXXIII Cycle PhD program in Life, Environmental and Drug Sciences, biomedical curriculum, at the University of Cagliari in 2017 and is currently working on a project focused on purification and kinetic and molecular characterization of enzymatic proteins and identification of the biological activity of some extracts of plants which are typical of the Mediterranean scrub, at the Department of Life and Environmental Sciences of the University of Cagliari.
During her PhD she spent a period at Department of Pharmacognosy and Herbal Medicines at Wroclaw Medical University (Poland) working on phytochemical analysis of Washingtonia filifera seeds, under the supervision of Prof. Piotr Kuś. She also spent a period at the Department of Medical Cell Biology at Uppsala University (Sweden) working on characterization of the biological activity of some plant extracts and synthetic compounds, under the supervision of Prof. Gunilla T. Westermark.
– “Selected enzyme inhibitory effects of Euphorbia characias extracts” A. Fais, B. Era, A. Di Petrillo, S. Floris, D. Piano, P. Montoro, C. I. G. Tuberoso, R. Medda, F. Pintus BioMed Res. Int. 2018, 1–11, 2018 ISSN:2314-6133, doi: 10.1155/2018/1219367
– “Exploiting the 1-(4-fluorobenzyl)piperazine fragment for the development of novel tyrosinase inhibitors as anti-melanogenic agents:design, synthesis, structural insights and biological profile”. L. Ielo, B. Deri, M. P. Germanò, S. Vittorio, S. Mirabile, R. Gitto, A. Rapisarda, S. Ronsisvalle, S. Floris, Y. Pazy, A. Fais, A. Fishman, De Luca. Eur J Med Chem. 2019 Sep 15;178:380-389. doi: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2019.06.019. Epub 2019 Jun 6.
– “Phytochemical composition, cholinesterase and xanthine oxidase inhibitory properties of seed extracts from Washingtonia filifera palm fruit”. S. Floris, A. Fais, A. Rosa, A. Piras, H. Marzouki, R. Medda, A. M. González-Paramás, A. Kumar, C. Santos-Buelga, B. Era. RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 21278 – 21287, DOI: 10.1039/c9ra02928a
– “Butyrylcholinesterase Inhibitors: Structure-Activity Relationships of 2-phenylbenzofuran derivatives” A. Fais, G. L. Delogu, B. Era, A. Di Petrillo, A. Kumar, P. Caria, S. Floris, F. Pintus. 59° Congresso della Società Italiana di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare (SIB), Caserta, 20 – 22 Settembre 2017
– “Crystallization of Euphorbia characias latex peroxidase” R. Medda, D. Piano, S. Floris, C. De Sousa Mota, D. De Sanctis, F. Pintus. 59° Congresso della Società Italiana di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare (SIB), Caserta, 20 – 22 Settembre 2017
– “Inhibitory activity of Washingtonia filifera extracts” S. Floris, A. Piras, C. Santos-Buelga, R. Medda, A. Fais, B.Era. 30° Edizione Riunione Nazionale “A.Castellani” dei Dottorandi di Ricerca in Discipline Biochimiche Brallo, 4 – 8 Giungno 2018
– “Inhibition of α-Amylase and α-Glucosidase by Washingtonia filifera Extracts” B.Era, S. Floris, S. Porcedda, H. Marzouki, R. Medda, A. Piras, A. Fais. 7th International Congress on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants., Toulose, France, 25 – 28 June 2018
– “ExploitinThe 1-(4-fluorobenzyl)piperazine fragment for the development of novel tyrosinase inhibitors” S. Mirabile, S. Vittorio, M. P. Germanò, R. Gitto, A. Rapisarda, S. Floris, A. Fais, A. Fishman, L. De Luca. Società Chimica Italiana, Congresso Congiunto delle Sezioni Sicilia e Calabria 2019, Palermo, 1-2 marzo 2019.
– “Evaluation of biological activities and chemical composition of Washingtonia filifera seeds” E. Benedetta, A. Fais, R.Antonella, R. Medda, H. Marzouki, A. Piras, A. Kumar, C. Santos-Buelga , S. Floris. XVI CONGRESS OF THE ITALIAN SOCIETY OF PHYTOCHEMISTRY JOINTLY WITH 2nd International Congress on Edible, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (ICEMAP 2019), 19 – 21 Giugno 2019
– “Inhibitory effect of Washingtonia filifera extracts on cholinesterase activities” E. Benedetta, S. Floris, S. Porcedda, H. Marzouki, F. Pintus, R. Medda, A. Piras, A. Fais. XVI CONGRESS OF THE ITALIAN SOCIETY OF PHYTOCHEMISTRY JOINTLY WITH 2nd International Congress on Edible, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (ICEMAP 2019), 19 – 21 Giugno 2019